61-vetHere at River Oaks Veterinary Clinic, we are proud to offer health certificates for international travel.

If you want to travel internationally with your horse, you need to plan ahead. Since each country is different, you will have to contact the embassy or consulate where you are going to find out what you need to do.

At the time of your horse’s examination, we will go over the forms that you need. There are times when we will have to run some tests to ensure that your horse is healthy enough for travel. We may also have to treat your horse prior to traveling.

You will always need a health certificate and proof of vaccination. You may also need a microchip and blood tests. Many countries require that your horse get treated for parasites prior to travel. You may also need certificates for the airplane ride.

Since each country is different and we can’t stay up to date will all of the changes in each one, it is important that you call ahead and know what you need. Then, we will make sure that your horse is all ready to go!

If you have any questions about health certificates, or traveling internationally with your horse, don’t hesitate to contact us today at (325) 896-2726.